My artwork slideshow

I thought I should say something about my artwork slideshow. The artbooks were done in classes with Lisa Renner and Leslie Altmann. They are wonderful teachers, organized, and their classes were so much fun. With Lisa Renner, I actually learned about and used encaustic wax. The canvas piece was a class with Leslie Altmann. The jewelry were made by me and the purple crystal bracelet is one that I am selling. The pastel drawing of Adam was my master's project for my art class. We were to choose a piece from a master and reproduce it with dry media (the reason for the pastels). I chose Michelangelo's the Creation of Adam from the Sistine Chapel. The charcoal drawing of the female nude was the first piece I had in an exhibit which was by invitation only. The drawing of Beethoven was done in an art class from a bust. The drawings of the apples were also done in my art class and were an exercise of how light affects and object. It took me a few weeks to do the one of Adam as well as the female nude. I am a wee bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my artwork. My art teacher had to finally say "enough" when I was working on the pieces because I kept picking at them.

0 comments: