Fáilte ar ais

I use Irish Gaelic sayings for the titles of my passages. I am very Irish with most of my relatives hailing from County Cork, Ireland. I have had a fascinating journey finding out about my family through my genealogy research. During my research, I found that one of my relatives came over on the Mayflower and there was at least one who fought in the American Revolution. We do know that my grandfather (mother's side) was present at the Hindenburg disaster in NJ. My other grandfather had relatives that rode with Teddy Roosevelt (Rough Riders) up San Juan hill and another that flew with Jimmy Doolittle. In the far distant past, I also had relatives that helped William the Conqueror. While my family fought with William the Conqueror my husband's family fought on the other side. I am always saying (with pride, of course) that I come from a long line of revolutionaries while my husband says that means that my family "was kicked out of every decent country in the world".

The holidays are quickly approaching and I am happy to say that we had all our shopping done before December 1. We are going to spend Christmas day at home and then go to see the movie Alien vs. Predator II as per my son's request. Then we will be having ham for dinner a long with all the wonderful fixings. My husband and son especially enjoy pumpkin pie.

This weekend I am going to my friend's house to make cookies (round 2) then we are going off to deliver these treats. My son got his class ring today and it is very nice although he seemed more interested in the box that it came in. Reminds me of when he was small and would open a box with a toy....often times, he preferred playing with the box.

Well it is time I was off to sleep since tomorrow is a busy day for us. I will be posting more of my artwork so drop by again real soon.

0 comments: