Needle Felting

This is my first attempt using wool roving to needle felt. This piece is a purse which we could make with or without the flap. I chose one with a flap. There are three different layers of roving which I did with a variety of colors. Once we had needle felted the purse on the form, we wrapped it in a leg from a pair of panty hose tieing the one end (or both) securely. The whole piece was put in a washing machine then dried. After being dried, we removed the nylon and then started to pull the bag away from the form and voila. We have a purse. I started beading the embellishments onto the purse. The closure is a piece of colored gourd which I drilled holes in and then beaded embellishments on them using Swarovski pearls and three beads as a picot.

1 comments:

shauna said...

I love your purse! Those are the colors I would pick! I just recently began needle felting but nothing like this! I've only done the dry type and small things like postcards and little flower type embellishments. I bought a needle felting beaded jewelry book though and am going to try that. It looks really cool! You are so talented! I found your blog through the latest trends yahoo group. So glad I did-you make beautiful things!
Shauna