New Digital Background

After Cynthia's workshop, I have become addicted to doing backgrounds. This is another one that I did using a painted canvas. The yellow background was created using Golden Paints on canvas board. I brushed some watered down fluid acrylic paints on the background and allowed them to dry a little. I then sprayed the canvas with a bit of water and wiped some of it off with a rag. I then stamped writing on the background using Espresso Adirondack dye pads. After all of this dried, I used gel medium to apply the little bits of ephemera, dabbed very lightly areas of Cobalt Teal Golden acrylic paints (you can use your rag to wipe it off a bit). Lastly, using sequin waste, I dabbed some watered down gesso over the sequin waste which created the little circles of white.




As a rule I always take pictures or scan in my backgrounds for further use. Because I could not scan this background in, I photographed it. Using photoshop I add various elements to create the final background.

0 comments:

Counter