Digital Collage



It has been a while since I posted but I have been working diligently on several projects: history of costume/fashion slideshow, a piece for a magazine, two workshops, and whatever happens to strike my fancy. What I am posting today is the digital collage challenge for one of the Yahoo groups I belong to. The image on the left was the piece that inspired my digital collage. I fell in love with this photo when I found it on the web. I am fascinated by the Carnevale in Venice, Italy from both a modern and historical perspective. Some of my favorite artists (Longhi, Guardi, de Gobbis) painted scenes of Venice (18th centory) during Carnevale in ridotti (state run gambling houses), convent parlours, etc., wherever the patrician class gathered. The piece on the right is the digital collage inspired by the woman sitting on a harlequin type floor. I had a great deal of fun creating it and do like the way it turned out.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

I really, really like your collage. You are very detail oriented and I need to take time to view other art projects you have created and uploaded to your blog. Thanks for explaining each layer and how you accomplished the end result. GORGEOUS!

Carolyn S (Mixed Media Trends)

Marilyn said...

Great job!!!. I'm still on Lesson 2 or 3 but I'm most impressed. Aren't Cindy's classes the best??

Court Dress said...

Thank you both for your comments. It was a great deal of fun to create and, of course, the subject matter is one of my favorites.

Counter