Digital Challenge #2 -- My Favorite Things

This is the second digital challenge issued by Cindy from our Yahoo group. The challenge this time deals with layers. We have to create an ATC with at least 12 layers (which I did). This is what I started with:



After creating an image with 12 layers (I eliminated a couple), I ended up with the following finished project:



I called this piece My Favorite Things because this particular collage contains elements that I love: da Vinci's Vetruvian Man, an image from the Pre-Raphaelites, swirls, architecture, a mask (of course), lace, flowers, and leaves. The background was painted by me and textured with gel medium and ephemera. I do kind of like how this turned out even though these are not the usual colors I work in.

4 comments:

Mary Lynn said...

WOW! This piece is awesome. Are you going to print it out? I really love all the texture and the swirls. The color is great too.

Carolyn said...

Your 12 layer piece is fantastic, Maura. I love the colors you selected.

Susie Jefferson said...

This is excellent! I love it. You have a great colour sense, and this is just such a pleasure to look at: great depth too.

Marilyn said...

Wow, I found your blog from the Arttechniques group. I'm just beginning digital. Your work is outstanding, such a joy to view. This is particularly spectacular!!

Counter