Artist Trading Card Swap


I have a busy weekend ahead of me with 3 days worth of Leslie Altman classes. In the meantime, I finished my first three ATC cards for a swap I am in. It was a really fun project to do. I tried a background out that was inspired by a technique from Bernie Berlin's book "The Artist Trading Card Workshop". The stamp I used for the background was a page from an illuminated manuscript over which I glued a piece of distressed paper. Finally, I impressed into a piece of air dry clay (Delight) a Wisteria seed pod which had opened. This left a small indent at the bottom into which I drilled a hole where a pearl was placed. I used copper wire (24 gauge) to create swirls and curls, keeping the pearl in place, around the clay which gave it a fairly organic look.

0 comments: