Art Postcard Swap


Here is an image of the art postcard I am sending for a swap. I love the pre-Raphaelites and chose an image of a painting of Prosperine (Persephone) painted by Dante Gabriel Rossetti. I particularly love the myth of Persephone, Demeter, and Hades. The postcard was digitally mastered and altered using Adobe Photoshop Elements. Since Persephone is represented by symbols of Spring I chose to use a Lily for the background, the pomegranate, and the lily of the valley. The painting itself is also rich in symbolism (note the pomegranate in the painting). Because the pre-Raphaelites were inspired by works of Shakespeare, mythology, fairy tales, etc. I chose a sonnet called La Primavera that went along with Vivaldi's The Four Seasons (Concerto No. 1 in E major, Allegro) and one of my favorite pieces of music.

0 comments: