Backgrounds

s
I am really hung up on doing backgrounds. This particular background is being done on a canvas board. I started out by applying a layer of molding paste. After letting this dry overnight, I applied two layers of gesso over the molding paste. After this dried, I then applied a wash of yellow ochre. I added some texture at this point using a sea sponge with Quin Nickel Azo Gold. Once dried, I added a couple of ephemera using gel medium. I then washed the whole canvase using Quin Nickel Azo Gold. I added touches of Cobalt Teal with a baby wipe (my newest favorite tool) and applied some Burnt Umber around the edges of the canvase using a paintbrush. I stamped a word image using a Adirondack stamp pad (Expresso, I think). I applied some texture by using Titan Buff through sequin waste. I am partially done with this canvas so check back again to see where I go from here.

0 comments: