Swirl


First, I put a layer of Quinacridone Magenta and Interference Red on the acrylic paper, after the first layer dried I created texture by applying paint through a stencil and stamp (the monkey tails). I still didn't like what I was seeing so I took a foam stamp of a swirl and painted it with Titanium White and applied it over the squares which now became more interesting. I then took a white pen from Inkssentials and started applying dots in a pretty methodical method (influenced from my years as a computer geek no doubt) in and around the stenciled square. I then started writing words on it. I didn't like the piece originally but sure did like the way it turned out.
I really love doing backgrounds and am always willing to try out new things as I guess you can tell from some of these posts.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Counter