Paulette Insall -- Week 3

I have transferred the image to a piece of canvas board. I used canvas board because they are relatively inexpensive and if I make a mistake it will be no loss. Anyway, I didn't have any wax-free graphite transfer paper so I used a trick I learned in my art class. I keep the images I am going to use in my sketchbook. I pick an image and then photocopy it. After photocopying, I use an 8B or 4B pencil and color over all the lines on the back of the photocopy (you have to use a light box to see the lines). Once the "scribbling" is done, I place the image on the canvas (scribbling side down) where I would like it. With the image face up, I start outlining the image either using a pencil or a round embossing tool. I usually use a 2B pencil. A word of caution, if you lean on the photocopy image, it may transfer the areas where you were leaning to the canvas. Here is the image copied to the canvas with the face, mouth, and eyes painted in. The eyes are pretty much finished but there is still some detail work to be done on the face.

0 comments: