Mask



This image is my newest digital collage creation. I have used the theme of Carnevale with its mask as my theme. I started out with a white background as the "background" layer. The next layer is an image of a painted background that I did on watercolor paper using a variety of acrylic paints. I followed this layer with a book page layer, then two mask layers, and finally a layer of the doge's palace in Venice. I added some photoshop brush images (those fabulous swirls). And last but not least, I used a different opacity for each layer giving it the depth that the image required. The painted layer that I used is:



It is always interesting to me to see how these images start out and where they go from the initial idea. As I have said many times before, I let the art lead me to the final product. This is the inital idea I started with:

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!!!

I wish I knew someone locally (Dallas area) who could walk me through some of the great techniques I see online. I'm sure other people my age (56) are quicker at figuring this stuff out! I have Photoshop Elements 6.