Laurie Mika Class


I also took a class with Laurie Mika which I really enjoyed. She does such beautiful work. Here is a sample of what I did in the class although it isn't finished yet. I have the main piece constructed (in the middle) and a few of the tiles done. I used black polymer clay with blue, pink, and gold mica powders. Before I applied any of the mica powders I coated the pieces in Golden Copper Fluid Acrylic. After all the colors were applied, we baked the tiles for 20 minutes in a polymer clay oven. The baked tiles that came out had a faux raku look. The colored tile above the dragonfly wings was a white polymer clay tile that was baked then colored with mica powders and copper paint. Laurie brought the white polymer clay already baked.

1 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

Amazing clay creation, really fabulous!